Today I am going to share one of my favourite childhood recipies with you. Nest cakes. I used to make these every year with my mum and sister at Easter. And I still make them to this day.
What You Need:
Cadbury Dairy Milk Bar – 250g
Cornflakes – 200g
Cupcake Cases (Easter themed if you can get them)
How to Make
- fill a saucepan with water
- Break your chocolate into squares and place them in a very large mixing bowel
- Place a bowel on top of your saucepan and heat it on the hob
- Stir continually until the chocolate is completely melted
- Once melted, take the bowel of the heat
- Add a third of your cornflakes to your chocolate and mix until they are completely coated
- Gradually add the rest of your cornflakes, stirring between each addition
- Once your cornflakes are completely coated, line a cupcake tray with your cases
- Spoon your mixture into all of your cases
- Using a small spoon, make a dip in the centre of your cakes
- Place two or three mini eggs in each dip
- Finally, place your tray into the fridge for a minimum of three hours, to allow your nests to set.
And it’s as simple as that. You can melt your chocolate in the microwave if you prefer, but I find that it works better melting it on the hob. If you make some Easter Nests I would love to see them. Tag me on social media or use #efrnests. I will see you all again soon.