Christmas is less then a week away! I cant believe it. Today’s post is another recipe. Today it is my melting snowman biscuit recipe.
What You Need:
- 100g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 50g ground rice
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- 500g fondant icing sugar
- 15 white marshmallows
- 52 mini chocolate beans
- 16 pretzel sticks
- tube black writing icing
How To Make:
- Preheat oven to 190’C/Gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add the flour and ground rice and mix well, using your hands to knead the mixture together (or use a food processor)
- Roll into a thick sausage, then roll in the demerara sugar, wrap in grease proof paper and chill in the fridge for half an hour or so
- Remove from the fridge and cut into about 15 slices
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden
- Put the icing sugar into a bowl and add cold water a teaspoon at a time until the mixture is runny but thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Ask an adult to snip the marshmallows in half using wetted scissors.
- Spoon a little icing onto each cookie and attach half a marshmallow. Using a little icing, stick the other half on top at an angle. Drizzle a little more icing onto the cookie to make melting snow.
- Break the pretzel sticks in half and place on the cookie for arms. Stick orange chocolate beans on for the noses. Stick three chocolate beans on each cookie to represent buttons.
- Using the writing icing, pipe small blobs for the eyes and mouth. Leave to set.
These are so cute and a brilliant little Christmas treat. You can always skip making the biscuits and use shop brought ones. If you buy biscuits, then these are really nice to do with children. If you recreate them i would love to see the results.Then please tag me on twitter or Instagram, or use #efrmeltingsnowman. I will see you all again tomorrow.