Christmas Funfetti Cupcakes
Welcome to another Blogmas post. Today I thought I would share my recipe for funfetti cupcakes with you. This one has a Christmas twist, but obviously I can be adapted for any occasion. So, here we go…
What You Will Need:
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 250g Softened and Cubed Butter
- 4 Eggs
- Christmas Themed Sprinkles
- Muffin Cases
For The Icing:
- 150g Softened Butter
- 150g Icing Sugar
- Splash Of Milk
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make:
- Preheat your oven to around 190°, 180° fan
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl, until pale yellow and smooth
- Add the eggs one at a time, combining well between each
- Next add the flour
- Mix well until smooth
- Now, mix in your sprinkles. Use as many or as few you like. I had little red and white candy cane shaped sprinkles but any will work.
- Next, place your cases into a muffin tray (you can use cupcake cases, but muffin ones will give you much bigger cupcakes. More like the ones you get in the states.)
- Now, spoon your mixture into your cases. If you have one, use a mechanical ice-cream scoop (the ones with the squeezer that shifts the ice-cream out). One scoop in generally the perfect amount.
- Place your cupcakes into the oven for around 25 minutes to begin with, then until golden brown (this will depend on their size and your oven)
- Once your cupcakes are out of the oven, it’s time to make your icing.
- Place the butter into a large mixing bowl
- Now add a spoonful of icing sugar and mix (beware, it will go everywhere, so start slowly)
- Add a dash of milk and mix again
- Add your vanilla extract, use as little or as much as you want, depending on how strong you want the flavour to be. You can use other flavour such as mint, but that is your choice.
- Now, add your icing sugar a spoonful at a time, mixing well between each addition
- You may need to add extra splashes of milk, or it will become to solid, and impossible to work with
- Taste occasionally, until it tastes right.
- Fill and icing bag, and ice your cupcakes. If you don’t know how to ice, you can either smooth a little over the top of the cake or watch this video on it…. https://youtu.be/Wo4vRhDbXqI https://youtu.be/Wo4vRhDbXqI
- Sprinkle some of your chosen sprinkles over the icing, this is completely optional. I didn’t do this, mainly because the sprinkles where rock solid. You can also mix sprinkles into the icing before applying it to your cakes.
Once you open the cupcakes the sprinkles will have sort of dissolved into the cake, meaning you are left only with the colour. They look super cute and it’s a really nice surprise if you don’t know its there. I hope you enjoy these little cupcakes as much as I do. They look amazing and taste even better. If you recreate these, I would love to see the results. Tag me on Instagram or twitter, or use #efrfunfetti . I will see you all again soon…
Instagram – https://instagram.com/beth_lily_96/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Beth_Lily96
Polyvore – http://www.lily1996x.polyvore.com/